Monday, June 23, 2008

Waiting for the phone to ring

I had a phone interview on Friday, and will hear back one way or another on or before Wednesday. The weekend flew by way too fast, and now I am left with 3 days of wonder when the call will come. The phone rings and my heart races. I think 'this is it' and start planning on the perfect live interview outfit. I wonder when the interview will be, how far away, will I be able to find a babysitter in time if they only give me short notice, what will I say to the dreaded question"why did you leave your last job?" and hundreds of other what if questions in the short time it takes me to race to the phone. After I take a deap breath, clear the phlem from my throught, I look at the coller ID...number unavailable. This must be it. I put on my best speaking voice, and hold in my 'hello' all the hopes and dreams that I have with finding the place for me to call work in that simple greeting. Then all my silly optimistic dreams are dashed in one simpe recorded telecomunicated sales pitch.
When the phone rings again, it starts all over...

No comments: