Friday, July 18, 2008
My Karate Kid
Thursday, Trinity had her 2nd mid term black belt karate graduation. She was singled out in class several times for her excellent performance. 1st because she does the most amazing push ups, straight back and all the way down. 2nd because they needed a leader to help demonstrate the skills they learn so she taught a portion of the geraduation class how to do a kick (some of them were higher ranked than she was). 3rd was when the instructor asked everyone what he looks for when they do their wepons form, she answered to make it look like you are hitting a person (Is that a little scary for an 8 year old to say?) 4th and last time he asked who knows the date when they will get to the next belt level. Trinity said July. He replied July when, and she said "The fourth I think" He rephrased his question and asked her what year, and she was releaved because when everyone laughed at her other response, she didn't know why. She did know that the year she will be getting her second degree black belt is in 2009. It takes about 18 months of training to get to the next level. She is able to move up to third degree, however has to wait until she is 18 to become a fourth degree. I am amazed and proud of her every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Trinity Joy - You ROCK MY SOCKS OFF!!!!!!
I am so proud of you - and not just because you can probably kick my tushie!!! I love you so very much!!!
And I love, love, love your mommy and daddy too!!!
I (eye)
Love (heart)
YOU! YOU! YOU! YOU! YOU! YOU!!!!!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
Post a Comment